License Department: Passports


Passport Applications Accepted: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 am to 2:00 pm

TO CONTACT US CALL: 410-222-1434

Passports are processed in the License Department. The License Department is located in the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, 8 Church Circle, Room H101, Annapolis, Maryland 21401. After you enter the courthouse, room H101 is located directly behind security. The Circuit Court is located in historic Annapolis on Church Circle. Parking meters are located on Calvert Street and West Street. Parking garages are located on Calvert Street, Northwest Street and Main Street.

The Clerk of the Court’s License Department at the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County is a local Passport Acceptance Agency. We accept new adult and child applications and renewal of child applications Tuesday through Thursday between the hours 8:30 AM and 2:00 PM. For child applications, call 410-222-1434 and inquire about current requirements.

The Clerk's Office can take passport photographs for an additional $10 fee per person.

Effective January 9, 2017, all customers applying for a passport using form DS-11 must submit a clear copy of their citizenship evidence in addition to their original or certified copy of U.S. citizenship. If there is writing on both sides of the citizenship evidence, then copies must be made of the front and back of the document. There is a fee of $0.50 per page for copy service; however, you may bring your own copies. Additional information is available with this notice from the State Department.

Passport Requirements Change Frequently

Your internet viewer must be enabled to accept pop up windows for use of this web site. We have no pop up advertisements on this web site.

Please review all requirements at before applying for a passport. For efficient processing, it is highly recommended that you complete the application online, print it at home and bring the completed form and required documentation to our office.

DO NOT SIGN THE FORM! It must be signed in the presence of an authorized deputy clerk.

You will need to bring up to two checks as the State Department will not accept cash payments.

Renewal of Adult Passports must be done by mail directly with the State Department.

For the most up to date information about international travel, please visit the U.S. Department of State's web site at At the Department of State's website you can review international travel news and advisories, review current passport requirements and even download the application for submission through the Clerk's Office. If you have further questions, you can contact the License Department at 410-222-1434.

Due to the changing nature of the passport process, this information may change without notice. Review for the most current information.