Access to Lexis and Westlaw:
- Lexis is providing temporary access through May 31 - sign up here: https://www.lexisnexis.com/en-us/pa-access.page
- Westlaw passwords can be obtained by contacting the Law Library.
ASK A LAWYER IN THE LIBRARY EVERY WEDNESDAY and TWO EVENINGS PER MONTH - CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION
Anne Arundel County Public Law Library
Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County
8 Church Circle
Annapolis, MD 21401
Library hours of operation: Open to the public Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
AACPLL Blog: Law Library News
The Anne Arundel County Public Law Library serves the needs of Anne Arundel County’s court, attorneys, government and citizens by providing access to legal information resources; promoting access to these resources; creating educational opportunities that enhance the understanding of legal information; and providing access to programs providing legal advice to the public.
Reference Policy for Service to the Non-Lawyer
Law Librarians can assist the non-lawyer patron by providing access to the collection and the library's online resources. This includes assistance in the use and finding of legal information but does not allow for the interpretation of these materials or ascertaining their relevance to the patron's particular case.
Telephone, email or fax reference service is limited to referrals and/or suggestions of sources.
Library Resources and Services
MARYLAND COLLECTION: Includes cases, the Maryland Code, Maryland Rules of Procedure, the Maryland Law Encyclopedia and a collection of texts on Maryland Law.
AUDIO COLLECTION: MICPEL continuing legal education books that are accompanied by audiotapes or CDs are labeled. Titles with audio can be found in the catalog by searching with the keyword: audio. The audio collection is shelved separately.
UNITED STATES COLLECTION: Includes the United States Code, federal and regional reporters, legal encyclopedias and law texts.
DO-IT-YOURSELF COLLECTION: The library has a collection of books written specifically for the non-attorney litigant. A list of these titles is available at the information desk or can be accessed using the library catalog by searching with the keyword: self-help.
FORMBOOK COLLECTION: Included in the text collection and on reserve are books that contain sample forms. These forms can be copied and then adapted by the user to suit the user's situation. Many of the formbooks provide the forms in word processing format that can be accessed in the library for printing or downloading. There are no ready made forms in the library that can be filled out for filing with the court.
- Tours and Legal Research Instruction are available upon request.
- Viewing of LEGAL RESEARCH VIDEOTAPES can also be arranged.
- Copy Machines are self service. Copies are $ .25 per page. The copier accepts coins, one and five dollar bills.
- Fax Services $1.00 per page to send or receive.
- Conference Rooms can be reserved in advance. Users must sign in at the desk before use.
- Computer Room contains PCs for public use with access to:
- Word processing
- LexisNexis with Shepards
- National Consumer Law Center
- NOLO Legal Information Reference Center (WIFI access)
- Library Catalog
There is a $ .25 per page charge after the first five pages of printing.
Users should be aware that the printing and downloading of certain material may be subject to the United States Copyright Law. (17 U.S.C.)